A new family of wheelchairs and accessories based upon modular design and characteristics
The ICON 40 is part of the modular Icon Mobility System within the group of Icon wheelchairs with interchangeable parts. The ICON 40 meets the wishes and requirements of a varied group of users. The many adjustment options offer the possibility to adapt the chair to the wishes of the therapist or the individual wishes of the user. The design has a sideward locking mechanism for the legrest to provide a clear front to avoid hooking and damaging of clothes, limbs or furniture.
- 80 degree leg rests “swing-in swing-out,”, detachable. Flip up, angle adjustable footplates with heel band.
- Swing away, height adjustable armrests with desk style PU arm pads.
- Solid puncture proof tyres, for the transit and self propulsion. Easy to disconnect with the quick-release axle.
- Angle adjustable front fork for perpendicular adjustment of the bearing house to the floor to optimize driving performance.
- Slide up height adjustable anti-tip combined with step assist for easier tipping backwards.
- Multiple rear wheel positions for a variation in depth and height.
- Standard hand brakes push to brake.
- Includes tension adjustable backrest with folding back canes and stabilization bar.
- Crash tested.
- 2 years manufacturing guarantee.
- Safe weight limit 22 st / 140 kg.
- i-Frame sizes: widths 15″, 17″ (37,5 – 42 cm) / & depths 14″- 17″ (35 – 42,5 cm).
- x-Frame sizes: width 19″ (47,5 cm) & depths 16″- 20″ ( 40 – 50 cm).
Icon 40 is CE-marked and fulfils the requirements of EU Regulation 2017/745 (MDR) for medical devices and crash test of ISO 7176-19.
- Amputee leg support fully adjustable.
- Softguard cushion range (Shield, Defence & Armour).
- Elevating leg support, both light and elegant in design. The construction is very rigid and provides excellent elevation and calf support.